Your home is likely your largest investment and selling a home for top dollar involves a process. By focusing on the recommendations of a professional Home Stager, the process of selling a home can be smooth and uneventful. Maintaining a show-ready home can be stressful and rather inconvenient. However, stress and inconvenience can serve as great motivators to focus on your Home Stager’s recommendations in order to sell quickly.
In addition to a professional Home Stager, the winning combination for a fast sale includes the right price, a good real estate agent, and the willingness to invest time and effort.
Selling a Home
The following questions will help determine if you have the mindset necessary to be successful at selling your home:
- Are you willing to emotionally detach yourself from your home and view it as a product being marketed?
- Are you willing to pack up everything that you won’t need for the next several months?
- Are you willing to depersonalize your home by packing family photos, children’s toys and keepsakes?
- Are you willing to let go of your personal decorating style in order to appeal to the majority of buyers?
- Are you willing to remove your pets when your house is being shown?
- Are you willing to return a room(s) to its original purpose?
- Are you willing to furnish your vacant home to make it warm and inviting?
- Are you willing to clean until your house and windows are spotless?
- Are you willing to maintain a tidy, clean show-ready house?
- Are you willing to invest up to 3% of the selling price for repairs and updates?
If you answered yes to most or all of these questions then put that SALE sign on the front lawn!
You may think you can’t afford to have your home staged, when in reality, you can’t afford not to!